Copyright All rights reserved by Kickball Andrew

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ta Daa! It is now fall!

The main event for today (seeing as how I am now plumb-tuckered out and won't be able to do anything else) was a walk of epic proportions to Silver Lake at Lillas Fawcett Park.  I couldn't have picked a better day; overnight, fall descended on Sackville.  The sun was warm, but a strong, cool wind kept the temperature around 68°F (20°C) and me from getting too hot.


You can kind-of see near the top a white bar which reads "You are here."  The dark green line tracing from that marker all the way to the bottom of the map pretty much shows the route I took from my house to Silver Lake.  On the way I passed a number of neat houses, abandoned buildings, and as I got farther out, the farms on the rural edge of Sackville.






Finally, after an hour of walking and a bit of internal grumbling I made it to the lake.  It was worth it.





There's nothing like resting on a sunny dock, rocking along with the wind-blown waves.




1 comment: