Copyright All rights reserved by Kickball Andrew

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

J'aime Québec

Here is an outline of my time in Quebec City:

Wednesday, November 11, 2010
Quebec Parliament
Old Quebec
Fortifications of Quebec
Terrasse Dufferin
La Citadelle
Artillery Park
Parc des Champs de Bataille (Battlefields Park)
Plains of Abraham
Galerie Art Inuit
Ave Cartier (street with restaurants - sushi!)
Grande Allee (street with more restaurants including the Quebec City fast food institution, Chez Ashton - poutine!)
Musee National des Beaux-Arts du Quebec (Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec)
Rue St-Jean (street with shops and restaurants)
JA Moisan Epicier (founded in 1871 - oldest grocery store in North America)

Thursday, November 12, 2010
Casse-Crepe Breton (crepes for breakfast!)
Port St-Louis
Marche Du Vieux-Port (Old Port Market)
Rue St-Louis
Rue St-Paul
Musee de la Civilisation
Les Galeries D'Art Beauchamp
Basilique Cathedrale Notre Dame De Quebec
Aux Anciens Canadiens (restaurant where I got my delicious, traditional Quebecois meal!)
Le Petit Champlain (touristy shopping street and location of funicular)
Chateau Frontenac
Rotating Restaurant (for a spectacular 360 view)
Nostradamus (bar where I encountered a group of friendly Quebec separatists)

Friday, November 13, 2010
Train station

Quebec Parliament

Plains of Abraham
St. Lawrence River
St. Lawrence River
The Citadel
The Citadel
The Citadel
Me, in front of Chateau Frontenac and Quebec City ... brr it was cold!
Lovely horse-drawn carriage.
Quebec Parliament building at night.
Quebec at night.
Restaurants and clubs...I'm not in Sackville anymore!
Sushi!...can't get it like this in Sackville.
Museum of Fine Arts of Quebec
Poutine.  I could tell this was a good one because the cheese curds squeaked when I chewed.  I can still only manage to eat this at night, when it is very dark and I can't really see how gross it looks.
Ice skaters!  Everyone has their own skates so I couldn't find any to rent : (
Old buildings on a cobblestone street.
Apple-filled crepe!
Old Port Market
That's a lot of spice!
Wonderful narrow streets.
There is a Hello Kitty store on this street (Mom and Bonnie, that's for you).
The street where everyone's Christmas presents were bought.
Quebec City at dusk.
Quebec City at dusk.
...It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Location of my AMAZING traditional Quebec meal!
Traditional pea soup.
Traditional tourtière (savory mixed meat and potato pie with flaky crust) with red cabbage and a tomato, onion, peach sauce...I broke my vegetarianism for what I deemed a cultural experience.
Traditional maple syrup pie with creme fraiche.
Authentic Inuit sculpture.
The Chateau Frontenac
Enjoying myself in Quebec City!
Quebec City at night.
Quebec City at night.
Quebec City at night.
Quebec City in the morning.
Quebec City train station.
Amusing myself on the train to Montreal.
View of the countryside outside my train window.
View from the train.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Emily this is BEAUTIFUL! Definitely added to the top of my list of 'places to visit'. And the fact that it has a Hello Kitty store? HELLO!!!! How great is that?! The city is amazing and I am so jealous you spent time there. And the food - holy moly rolly poly! You must have had a very, very, VERY happy tummy :). I am now seriously considering learning French/Canadian and moving to Quebec, just so that I can be surrounded by such beauty - quaint and stupendous at the same time! Aghhh so jealous!

    ReplyDelete