Copyright All rights reserved by Kickball Andrew

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sackville Fall Fair!


This weekend was the Sackville Fall Fair!  Last year I really wanted to participate in festive autumn activities; however, it was too hard to get to any farms from DC.  This year made up for that and then some!
I started my day with some shopping at the Bridge Street Farmer's Market (every Saturday).  I got a load of yummy vegetables and fresh bread.
Mmmm multigrain...my favorite!
My next stop was Agricultural Field Day at the Doncaster Farm.  There were hay rides, a corn maize (I'm embarrassed by how long I was lost in it), all sorts of animals -- I milked a cow! -- among many other really neat exhibitions.
Doncaster Farm
I milked that cow!
Trapped in the corn maize...
Embarrassingly lost, I decided to amuse myself and take some pictures in the corn maize.  The distraction lasted about 2 minutes.
View of the farm from within the corn maize...so close and yet so far.
It took so long, but I was stubborn and didn't cheat.
Chain saw carving.
Rides across from the farm.



No comments:

Post a Comment