Copyright All rights reserved by Kickball Andrew

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ah! My legs!

Friday was a baking day!  My friend Marykate and I baked an upside-down apple ginger cake to bring to a rather quick and unfortunately lame potluck.  The lameness of the potluck turned out to be okay.  There was half a cake left so we just took it home and finished it off!
Mmm caramelized apples over ginger cake!
Bright and early on Saturday morning I headed out with Isabel, Chris, and Emily on a walk to Fort Beausejour.  This turned into a 4.5 hour trek covering around 22 kilometers (13.67 miles).
The golden marshes.
Isabel and Chris
Both Emily's hay bale surfing!
Fort Beausejour
So windy!
Inside the Fort.

Cold lunch takes on new meaning!
Mini cannon!
Waiting for the train to pass.
On Sunday afternoon, I followed up this adventure with a 10 km run.  It was so fun!  The weather was perfect, cool and sunny, and we ran slowly at a conversation pace.   After the run everyone felt excellent - all of those endorphins!  Unfortunately, my Achilles tendons are a little upset with me after all of this weekend activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment